Double your delight with peanut butter and chocolate fudge
Double Decker Peanut Butter Fudge
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Refrigeration time: 3 hours
Makes: 36 pieces
• 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (each 1 1/4 cup/300 mL)
• 1 cup (250 mL) peanut butter, preferably smooth
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
• 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
• 10 oz (300 g) milk chocolate chips
• 10 oz (300 g) peanut butter chips
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Line an 8×8-inch (2L) square baking pan with aluminum foil so the edges overhang the sides. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 can of condensed milk, 1/2 cup (125 mL) peanut butter, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Stir continuously just until bubbly. Remove from heat and immediately stir in chocolate chips and 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla. Scrape into prepared pan and spread evenly. Refrigerate while making peanut butter layer.
2. In a clean medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining condensed milk, peanut butter, and salt, stirring continuously just until bubbly. Remove from heat and immediately stir in peanut butter chips and remaining vanilla. Scrape onto chocolate layer, spreading to cover. Sprinkle with peanuts, pressing gently into fudge.
3. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Lift the fudge out of the pan and cut into small squares.
Find more recipes at www.peanutbureau.ca.