Holiday recipes ready in 20 minutes or less
Holiday baking shouldn’t feel like an obligation, but when you’re trying to tackle a complicated recipe, the stress starts to stack up. Ready in 20 minutes or less, recipes like the one below will take the ache out of baking and get you feeling festive. Start with the Anything Goes Cookie Dough base, then add flavours and mix-ins to create unique yummy treats.
Raspberry Linzer Thumbprint Cookies
Anything Goes Cookie Dough Base:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp of your favourite Becel margarine1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp lemon peel
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix margarine with sugars in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Stir in almonds and lemon peel. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Immediately make an indentation in centres of cookies with the back of a round measuring spoon. Cool cookies on sheets for 2 minutes on a wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, then fill indentations evenly with jam; about a half teaspoon each.
Find nutritional information and more mix-in inspiration online at becel.ca.