‘Tis the season of baking delicious desserts and pastries filled with festive flavours. For many of us, it’s a time to bake and fill our cookie tins with the traditional holiday taste of gingerbread.
This year, try experimenting the flavours of gingerbread in more than just cookies. Follow this recipe to purée the perfect gingerbread spread. Made in less than 10 minutes, spread the sweetness of gingerbread butter on your homemade or store-bought cookies, toast, pancakes, and more.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Makes: 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) or 24 (1 tbsp/15 mL) servings
• 225 g gingerbread cookies, about 8 cookies
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut oil
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
• 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House organic ground cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
1. Pulse cookies in food processor until resembles fine crumbs. Add sugar; pulse until just blended.
2. Heat oil and water in small saucepan on low heat until oil is melted. Slowly add oil mixture to processor while pulsing. Add vanilla and spices; pulse until just blended and refrigerate.
For more tips on preparing festive flavours and holiday feasts head to flavour.ca.